15KW 30-80KHz Induction Heater Temp Controller & 2" Vacuum Kit
- Item #: IH15vc
- Item #: IH15vc
Note: This model only available in 208-240 volt single phase.
Across International IH series mid-frequency induction heaters are designed to operate between 30 and 80 kHz. Mid-frequency heaters are excellent for small parts heating, cutting, diamond tool brazing, soldering copper plumbing fittings, auto parts heat-treating, annealing of stainless steel containers and more.
Mid-frequency induction heaters are the simplest in terms of design and implementation. With their low cost of ownership and maintenance, they are the most popular and reliable machines. The 15kW models are especially popular for their large power capacity and small footprint at an affordable price. This makes them standard equipment for many factories, labs and workshops where 230V AC is available.
Induction heating does not involve the external application of heat but rather the internal generation of heat in the workpiece itself. This process dispenses with long heating periods and enables the limited introduction of heat in a local and precisely timed manner, thus achieving a high degree of efficiency and maximum exploitation of energy. When compared with conventional heating methods, induction heating achieves maximum levels of quality and efficiency across a practically unlimited range of applications.
IMPORTANT FACTORS TO CONSIDER
The efficiency of an induction heating system for a specific application depends on several factors: the characteristics of the part itself, the design of the induction coil, the capacity of the power supply, and the degree of temperature change required for the application.
MAGNETIC OR NON-MAGNETIC
It is easier to heat magnetic materials. In addition to the heat induced by eddy currents, magnetic materials also produce heat through what is called the hysteresis effect. During the induction heating process, magnetics naturally offer resistance to the rapidly alternating electrical fields, and this causes enough friction to provide a secondary source of heat. This effect ceases to occur at temperatures above the "Curie" point - the temperature at which a magnetic material loses its magnetic properties. The relative resistance of magnetic materials is rated on a “permeability” scale of 100 to 500; while non-magnetics have a permeability of 1, magnetic materials can have a permeability as high as 500.
THICK OR THIN
With conductive materials, about 80% of the heating effect occurs on the surface or "skin" of the part; the heating intensity diminishes as the distance from the surface increases. So small or thin parts generally heat more quickly than large thick parts, especially if the larger parts need to be heated all the way through. Research has shown a relationship between the heating depth of penetration and the frequency of the alternating current. Frequencies of 100 to 400 kHz produce relatively high-energy heat, ideal for quickly heating small parts or the surface/skin of larger parts. For deep, penetrating heat, longer heating cycles at 5 to 30 kHz has been shown to be most effective.
INDUCTION COIL DESIGN
Induction coils are normally made of copper tubing - an extremely good conductor of heat and electricity - with a diameter of 1/8" to 3/16"; larger copper coil assemblies are made for applications such as strip metal heating and pipe heating. Induction coils are usually cooled by circulating water, and are most often custom-made to fit the shape and size of the part to be heated. So coils can have single or multiple turns; have a helical, round or square shape; or be designed as internal (part inside coil) or external (part adjacent to coil). There is a proportional relationship between the amount of current flow and distance between the coil and part. Placing the part close to the coil increases the flow of current and the amount of heat induced in the part. This relationship is referred to as the coupling efficiency of the coil.
- Ease of use: just plug in the power and connect the water cooling system, our simple instruction allows you to use the heater in 15 minutes.
- Light weight (only 40 Lb), portable (with handle), instant heat and up to 90% energy savings
- Custom made temperature controller with USB interface to PC and K-Type thermocouple
- 2" OD quartz tube and stainless steel vacuum sealing flange with vacuum gauge included
- A 110V 2.4 CFM vacuump pump with vacuum fittings included
- Precise control with digital time and current displays.
- Remote foot switch for safer operation.
- Dual automatic and manual modes.
- Optional graphite, MgO and SiO2 crucibles available. (melting material decides crucible type, weight and size of the material decide crucible size)
- Custom coil design available (fixed coil or coil on a cable so it can be used by hand like a wand)
- ISO 9001:2008 registered manufacturer.
- We provide sample testing and custom made coils in our New Jersey facility
- Overvoltage protection: machine shuts down, overvoltage light turns on and buzzer sounds continuously when line voltage exceeds 260V. Alarm shuts off automatically when voltage returns below 260V.
- Overheat protection: if sensor detects heat sink temperature is over 55°C, machine shuts down, overheat light turns on and buzzer sounds continuously. Decrease water temperature until alarm goes off.
- Overcurrent/malfunction protections: machine shuts down, indicator light turns on and buzzer sounds continuously in one of these situations:
- Short circuit exists between work piece and induction coils
- Machine malfunctions
- One of the machine parts becomes overheated
- Interfering signal detected
- Induction coils touching each other
- Line voltage is too low
- Always wear protective gear including goggles when operating the machine. Crucibles must be covered at all times during operation. Across International is not responsible for any injury or damage caused by misuse
- Running without a work-piece for extended periods of time may cause damage to the machine.
- Circulating water must be pure, soft and below 45°C.
- Machine must be grounded properly at all times.
- Use of single-turn coils smaller than 4 inches in diameter may cause high frequency damage to the machine.
- Absolutely no thread tape (or related material) may be used in the installation of induction coils.
|Max. input current|| 32 A (40A single-phase circuit breaker required)
|Power||208-240V, 50/60Hz, single-phase|
|Power distribution cord||8-gauge 3-conductor Max 40A (8/3 SOOW)|
| Output frequency
|| 30-80 KHz
| Heating/retaining current
|| 200-600 A (displayed on control panel)
| Max. oscillating power
|Max input power||7 KW|
| Duty cycle
| Air cooling
| Water pressure
|| ≥ 29 PSI (0.2 Mpa) you may use tap water
and water pump (>1/4HP & >240 Gph)
| Water flow
|| 0.5-1.3 gallons (2-5 liters) per minute
| Water temperature
| Induction coil
|| See detail specs below, we will make coils
according to your requirements
|| Unit: 40 Lb, shipping: 58 Lb
||Unit: 19x8x18", shipping: 21x13x22"|
| Remote foot switch
|| 7 feet
| Max. melting capacity
|| 4 Lb (gold, silver, copper), 1 Lb (steel, aluminum)
Omron controller specifications
|Power|| 110V 50/60Hz single-phase
|Thermocouple|| K, J, T, E, L, U, N, R, S, B, W, PLII
| Platinum resistance thermometer
| Infrared temperature sensor
|| 10 to 70°C, 60 to 120°C, 115 to 165°C, 140 to 260°C
| Control method
|| 2-PID or ON/OFF control
| Indication method
|| 11-segment digital displays and individual indicators
| Auxiliary output
|| Three Auxiliary Outputs SPST-NO, 250 VAC, 2 A (resistive load), electrical durability: 100,000 operations,
Min. applicable load: 5 V, 10 mA
| IH15c induction heater with temp controller
| 2" OD quartz tube with stainless steel sealing flange (one vacuum gauge, one KF25, one hose barb connection and two switches)
| 110V 60Hz 190 watts 2.4 CFM compact vacuum pump
| Foot switch (7 ft)
| Induction coil
| Water cooling fitting
(1/4" x 2, 3/8" x 1 hose barb)
| 1 set
| Stainless steel hose clamp
|| 8 pcs
| Induction coil adapter (to protect the coil connectors on the machine, good for users who change coils frequently)
|Operation manual|| 1 pc